Scoil Mhuire’s Junior Boys made it two wins from two after a great victory over St. Marks of Tallaght. The game looked like it was going to be a very tight affair after a cagey opening from both teams but St. Marks grew into the game quicker and grabbed the first point of the match after about five minutes. They continued to pile on the pressure for the next few minutes but could not  capitalise on their possession, thanks largely to some great defending from Ben O’Toole & Philip Kane.

Spurred on by their great defensive performance Scoil Mhuire began to make the match a more even contest again with some good inter-passing play. Charlie Keher, Cian Buckley and Mark Gormley all got shots off but couldn’t make them count until Cian Buckley hit a beautiful long range effort high and over the bar. That point sent St. Marks back on the attack and they scored a terrific point from a difficult angle near the left touchline.

The game became a real end-to-end contest with some great defending from Conal Chambers, Cormac Porter and Ishaan Rawat and some great attacking play from Charlie Caseley, Luke Finnerty and Harry Day. That attacking play was rewarded when Cian Buckley hammered the ball into St. Mark’s net from a good distance out to give Scoil Mhuire their first lead of the match but just like last time St. Mark’s ran up the pitch and kicked another good point.

At half time Scoil Mhuire trailed by 1-1 (5) to 0-3 (6) because in Junior football each point is worth two. We all felt the second half would be easier as the team would have the advantage of a slope and the wind being in their direction. However, St. Mark’s hadn’t made their pressure count so could we?

Throughout the second half Scoil Mhuire were camped in the St. Mark’s half of the pitch and dominated the proceedings. Ishaan Rawat, Luke Finnerty, Charlie Keher, Cian Buckley & substitute Lachlan Hill won the lions share of their kick outs and Charlie Keher punished them accordingly, scoring four magnificent points in all during the half. Luke Finnerty added a fifth and Cian Hyland and Stephen McInerney came agonising close to adding two more goals to that tally.

The few attacks that St. Mark’s managed were quickly snuffed out, with some great defending from debutant substitutes Darren Keogh & Eoin Kirwan, who got the better of his man despite being only half his size! In the end Scoil Mhuire ran out comfortable winners and kept their unbeaten run going!

Final Score: Scoil Mhuire 1-6 (15) St. Marks 0-3 (6).

One comment on “Junior Boys make it two from two

  1. kingsley on said:

    well done